About: Robert Golan
Recent Posts by Robert Golan
On April 9, 2017, the New York State Senate passed workers compensation reform as part of a hard-fought battle over the state budget. Although the impact of these changes is still being discussed, here is what we know so far. These changes:
- Create an expedited hearing process
- Limit the timeframe for employees to claim temporary benefits to 2.5 years, unless they can prove that they require more time to heal
- Lower the threshold to receive permanent benefits to allow more workers to qualify for them.
- Update the prescription drug formula to include more generic medications
- Create new medical impairment guidelines that updates the amounts that employees can get for an injury
- Add provisions to provide workers compensation coverage for ride share drivers for companies such as Uber and Lyft who are injured on the job
Robert Golan, PC of Golan & Masiakos, LLP has won multiple, recent, rulings favorable to his clients. Mr. Golan, persuaded the appeal panel to overturn a lower court judge's decision that the client was 92% disabled, and agree that the client is 100% permanently and totally disabled–for life. This was crucial to the client because only injured workers with a 100% permanent disability are guaranteed lifetime benefits. If the 92% ruling stood, this would have ended her benefits after 9 years.An insurance company appealed a lower court judge’s opinion that his client lost 30% of the use of his arm, permanently, and argued that it was only 10%. Mr. Golan prevented this appeal by providing doctors to confirm that the client did indeed lose 30% use of the arm permanently, and the appeal panel agreed, affirming the lower court judge's opinion.Mr. Golan also got another client's monetary benefits reinstated when...
Recent Comments by Robert Golan
No comments by Robert Golan yet.